Monday, August 10, 2009

Hotels make me lazy

I'm in Amarillo this evening - what is about going to the place you grew up that make you fill like your 16 again. When I come here I do the same things with the same friends I've had since I was 12. Is it the same for everyone?

What is it about staying at a hotel that makes me so tired? When I'm at home I get my second wind at about 10:30pm. You wouldn't believe what I can accomplish between 10:30 and midnight. I had a fantastic dinner with my BFF from high school and her boyfriend (possibly two of the funniest people I know). Now I'm laying in bed and am seriously considering going to sleep. First, does this make me a slacker? Second, am I the only one that doesn't turn the AC down to 60? I just can't stand freezing while trying to sleep.

For you Austin readers - I was completely soaked from this wet stuff that falls from the sky...sometimes known as rain.

1 comment:

  1. I think the fact that you're away from home, don't have to clean, don't have all the comforts of home, and your nightly routine in a hotel and that you can just kick back and relax makes you sleepy? Or at least it does for me! I get sleepy every night around 9 - 10 and get sleepier even earlier in hotels. And I'm 26 and cool like that!

    Enjoy your time there - hope the rain stops and comes over to DC, we could use it!

    ReplyDelete