Monday, August 10, 2009

Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Tuesday, August 4th was just that! As from my last post you know I was hoped up on caffeine so my nerves where shot anyway. I go to meet Miss Peddler for lunch and a run to Hobby Lobby for some of her wedding supplies. After a lunch of soup, salad and bread sticks, I walk out to the parking lot to find that I have a flat tire...not low but completely flat. For reasons beyond my control road side rescue has been canceled (now reorder via AT&). Miss Peddler uses one of her free calls but me being me I decide to do it myself. Why do I have to inability to ask for or receive help? A nice officer offers to loosen my lignite and the I sweat my ass off pumping up the jack. I get the car up and have 4 lug nuts off when the car falls off the jack. I repeat the last two steps and then the nice man from road side rescue drives up to find me with mascara running down my face sitting next to the car with brand new spare ready to go. He tells me that with the black top parking lot the temp is around 107 - awesome! He hands me my jack and tells me to put it in the trash...because it's broken. He takes to old tire off and puts the new spare on only to find it is flat too!

I just bought a new tire and found out that the "new" spare is original to the car circa 1998!

And in the middle of this boss calls to tell me that I need to be in Amarillo Monday-Wednesday to host out of town guests!

1 comment:

  1. I probably would have cried. No lie.

    I hope your day & week gets better!

    ReplyDelete